The world has changed and we have changed with it. It doesn’t matter if you were on the top of the curve with the tech geeks or if you followed the crowd and purchased your smartphone when everybody you know already had it.
With great technology comes great responsibility.
Myth “I am not putting anything online.” Your bank account is online, credit card, your social security information, your utility bill is online. You Are Online!!!
Do’s and Don’ts
- Connecting to public wifi – Don’t unless you are equipped with VPN
- Yes to strong password – make your life easier with a password manager (Lastpass, Dashlane)
- Brag on social media – Don’t! Twitter, Facebook, Instagram. People who shared their life on social media are more likely to be a target. Why? You posted your full name, birth date, address, they know where you go to eat, where you work, what you do for fun when you bought that new car, new house and when you went on a vacation.
- Email confidential information – Don’t ever email any document containing your social security number, bank account information or other sensitive information.
- Restrict access – Use pin code on your Apple watch, on your phone, change the password on your wifi router, and don’t share your passwords.
Good luck out there and stay protected!